Fudgy chocolate and rich cream cheese come together in a decadent dessert that will have everyone coming back for more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping 2 sides for easy removal.
- Brownie batter: Combine melted butter, sugars and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand held whisk, beat eggs in one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cheesecake Batter: Beat cream cheese in a separate large bowl until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs and continue beating until smooth.
- Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) brownie batter. Spread remaining batter into prepared pan. Pour cream cheese filling over brownie layer. Drop spoonfuls of reserved brownie batter on top of cream cheese batter. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth to create a marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Centre of brownies should still be a bit jiggly. Cool on a wire rack in pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator or in an airtight container in freezer.