Chocolate Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
With cookies, ice cream and chocolate chips, this irresistible recipe combine all of your kids’ favourites into one mouth-watering dessert. Add sprinkles or nuts for an extra special touch.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream, in a large bowl, butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together on medium speed of electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add flour, soda and spices and beat on low speed until blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto prepared baking sheets. Press lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly golden. Remove to rack and cool completely.
A prepared baker is a successful baker! Before getting started, read through the recipe with your kids and put together a measuring station.
While the cookies are baking, have your kids prepare a decorating station for their ice cream sandwich cookies. Set out bowls with chocolate chips, and try adding coloured sprinkles or nuts too.
- For ice cream sandwiches take two cookies, place a scoop of your favourite ice cream between the cookies and press gently. Roll edges in chocolate chips or even try coloured sugars, sprinkles, nuts and enjoy!
- For a marbled effect, choose your kids’ 2 favourite ice cream flavours. Using a spoon, have your kids gently blend each flavour into one another and then top with remaining cookie layer.