Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
These cookies are both sweet and tart, with tangy lemon and a sweet white chocolate drizzle on top and they’re undeniably delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream sugar and butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer until combined. Add egg and fouetter well. Add flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Fouetter until dry ingredients are incorporated into batter. Beat in poppy seeds.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll each piece to a 1/8” (2.5mm) thickness. Cut out cookies with a 2” (5cm) cookie cutter. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough.
- Place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on racks.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Allow chocolate to set before storing.