Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes
These scrumptiously simple treats hold a subtle sweetness that make them good for any time of the day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cupcake Batter: Combine quick bread mix, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Stir well until mix is blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan on wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes and continue cooling on wire cooling rack. Ice when cupcakes are cold.
- Icing: Place ingredients for icing in medium mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until icing sugar is combined. Increase speed and continue beating for 5 minutes. Decorate cupcakes as desired.