Pack & Go Granola Bars
Bake these delicious treats with your kids on the weekend. You’ll get a week's worth of bars that are perfect for lunch boxes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 15"x10"x1" (37cm x 25 cm x 2.5 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Heat, in a small saucepan over medium heat, butter and brown sugar together, stirring until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- Combine, in a large bowl, remaining ingredients. Pour sugar mixture on top. Mix well, until all ingredients are moistened. Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden. Cool completely then cut into bars.
Have your kids roll up their sleeves and grease the jellyroll pan. Can they name any other baking pans, like cookie sheets and muffin trays?
Baking is a fantastic way to teach your kids about science. Have them watch the change in texture and colour as each ingredient is added.
Wait until the mixture has cooled down a little, and then let your kids press the ingredients into the prepared pan.
Have your kids help wrap the bars to keep them fresh. They’ll love seeing something they helped make in their lunchbox the next day.
- Replace Robin Hood Original All Purpose flour with Robin Hood Whole Wheat Flour.
- Under-bake for a chewy texture. Bake longer for crisper bars.
- Vary the dried fruit, chocolate chips and seeds to suit your own tastes, keeping the total amount the same as in the recipe.