Peanut Butter Oat Squares
Chocolate, peanut butter and oats make for a great-tasting combination in these sweet squares! Keep some extras in your freezer for a quick and easy after dinner treat.
|1/2 cup||125 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL packed brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||125 mL corn syrup|
|1/2 tsp||2 mL salt|
|2 tsp||10 mL vanilla extract|
|4 cups||1 L Robin Hood® Oats|
|1/2 cup||125 mL peanut butter|
|1/2 cup||125 mL chocolate chips|
|1 1/2 tsp||7 mL butter|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” (3.5 L) baking dish with parchment paper overlapping the two longer sides for easy removal.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add corn syrup, salt, vanilla and oats. Mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter evenly over top.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a medium saucepan until smooth. Drizzle over peanut butter. Cool to set chocolate, then cut into squares.
Have your kids measure the brown sugar. Make sure they pack it down so you get the right amount the recipe needs.
Get your kids to press the mixture into the pan. Make sure they press it evenly so they all bake at the same rate.
Have your kids help you drizzle the chocolate over the peanut butter. They’ll love coming up with their own fun designs.
|Saturated Fat||1.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|