Berry Oven Pancake
This easy to make oven-baked breakfast pancake has a yummy berry filling. You’ve never had pancakes quite like these!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Divide and spread butter evenly into bottoms of two 9" (23 cm/1 L) pie plates. Place pie plates in oven while preparing batter.
- Place eggs, evaporated milk and lemon rind in blender. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into hot butter in pie plates, dividing evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Fill immediately with mixed berries. Sprinkle with nutmeg and icing sugar.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Have your kids measure out the butter and let them divide it evenly into each pie plate. Do they know why using butter is more common in baking than margarine? Butter is both creamier and more flavourful!
In a separate bowl, help your kids practice cracking eggs. If any shell falls in, use a piece of another shell to scoop them out.
While the batter is baking, have your kids wash and prepare the mixed berries.
Let your kids add the finishing touches to their pancakes! Have them sprinkle on the nutmeg and icing sugar with a sifter.