Overnight Oatmeal Pancakes
Say goodnight to your usual breakfast routine and wake up to these great tasting pancakes. They’re loaded with hearty oats and yummy raisins!
- Combine, in a small bowl, oats and buttermilk; stir well to blend. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Remove batter from refrigerator.
- Add eggs, melted butter and raisins to batter; stir well to blend.
- Combine, in a separate large bowl, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to oat mixture and stir just until moistened (If batter seems too thick, add more buttermilk.)
- Spoon batter, about ⅓ cup (75 ml) for each pancake, onto hot griddle. Spread batter out to 4" (10 cm) circles.
- Cook until tops are bubbly and appear dry (2-3 minutes); turn and cook until lightly browned.
Out of buttermilk? Have your kids place 2 tbsp (30 ml) of lemon juice or vinegar in a measuring cup and fill it up with milk to 2 cups (500 ml). Let them stir the mixture and see how it curdles and thickens up.
Your kids will have fun cracking the eggs. Have them crack their eggs in separate bowls and see who can do it without having any shells fall in.
Unleash your kids’ creativity! Give them a can of whipped cream and extra raisins and let them decorate their treats.
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|