Red Berry Cake with Fresh Mint
|1 cup||250 ml Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||5 mL baking powder|
|½ tsp||2 mL salt|
|1 cup||250 mL sugar|
|1 tbsp||15 mL lemon juice|
|1/3 cup||75 mL hot milk|
|1 cup||1 cup whipping cream|
|3 tbsp||45 mL icing sugar|
|½ tsp||2 mL vanilla extract|
|4 cups||1 L berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries etc.)|
|whole mint leaves|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line bottom of 8” (20 cm) cake pan with parchment paper. Do not grease pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; stir well to blend.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl, at high speed, until thick and light coloured, about 5 minutes. Add sugar gradually. Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture with mixer at low speed.
- Add hot milk all at once and mix quickly. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake upside down balanced between 2 wire cooling racks so the cake does not touch the rack.
- Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread over cake. Pile fruit on top. Add mint leaves and sprinkle with icing sugar.