Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
These vanilla cupcakes are deliciously sweet and the perfect size for your own personal indulgence! Use sprinkles, coloured icing and other decorations to make a special cupcake for everyone in your family!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line mini muffin pans with paper liners.
- Cupcakes: Combine evaporated milk and vinegar in measuring cup. The milk will thicken up. Reserve.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients. Mix well. Add reserved milk mixture and remaining dry ingredients.
- Place batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Vanilla icing: Beat all ingredients for 3 to 5 minutes until smooth and creamy. Ice cupcakes once cool.
Get your kids to pick out paper liners in their favourite colours or themes to match the decorations.
When your kids are mixing the milk and vinegar together, have them see if the liquid stays the same consistency. Get them to practice mixing other wet ingredients together and see if the same reaction occurs.
Looking for a colourful twist? Adding a little food colouring to the batter makes for a delicious experiment. Which new colours can your kids make by mixing different colours together?
Try leaving the batter white and having your kids add a few drops of different coloured food colouring to the icing. Once they’re all iced, your kids can arrange the cupcakes in the colours of the rainbow.
Want to add a sweet surprise? Once the cupcakes have been baked, slice off the tops and invite your kids to use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out a small hole. Have them fill the holes with their favourite pie fillings, put the tops back on, and share with family and friends.
- Decorate with multi-coloured sprinkles.