Chocolate Dipped Fingers
Kids can’t keep their hands off these rich and chocolaty treats! Make them with our Melt-in-Your-Mouth Shortbread Video Technique.
|2 cups||500 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL granulated sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||800 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|½ cup||125 mL corn starch|
|½ cup||125 mL chocolate, melted (semi-sweet, milk or white)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shortbread: Cream butter in a large bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed until very light in texture, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour and corn starch in a separate medium bowl. Add to butter mixture on low speed until well combined.
- Roll 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough into logs 3” (8 cm) long by ½” (1.3 cm) wide. Place on prepared baking sheet 2” (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- Dip one end of cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Drop sprinkles on melted chocolate if desired.
Always check the recipe ahead of time to make sure you have all the necessary ingredients before you start baking with the kids. You can even turn looking for the ingredients into a treasure hunt for the kids!
Be ready to bake anytime with the kids without the mess or prep time. Simply make the recipe ahead, roll the cookie dough into balls and freeze them. When you’re ready, have the kids pull them out of the freezer and bake them from frozen.
Give the kids different sprinkles, sparkles and more to drop on the melted chocolate. Decorating the cookies their way makes it more fun, lets their imagination loose and gives them pride in their work.