Cookie Dough Truffles
Your kids will love helping to make these fun and festive chocolate-dipped treats. Let the good times roll!
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Mix in graham cracker crumbs, oats and salt. Add sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Freeze 30 minutes, or until dough is firm. Roll dough into 1” (2.5 cm) balls and freeze 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Dip cookie dough balls into melted chocolate to cover, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Return to baking sheet and chill in refrigerator or freezer until set. Serve cold.
With clean hands, get your kids to roll the cookie dough into balls or other fun holiday shapes.
For a sweet surprise, have your kids hide a caramel inside the truffles.
Before the chocolate hardens, have your kids add their favourite colours of sprinkles or crushed candy canes on top of their truffles.
- To melt chocolate, bring 1-2” (2.5 cm-5 cm) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place chocolate in heat proof bowl and place bowl over boiling water. Ensure bottom of bowl does not touch the water. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes and stir.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Truffle (30 g)|