Giant Unicorn Sandwich Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line two 11” (28 cm) tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate large bowl. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Add ¼ cup (50 mL) sprinkles and beat until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press into prepared tart pans. Divide sprinkles and press firmly on top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- Filling: beat filling ingredients for 5 minutes until very smooth. If using food colouring add a little bit at the end and beat until colour is incorporate.
- Assembly: place cold cookie, sprinkle side down, spread filling evenly over top. Place the other cold cookie, sprinkle side up.
- If you want to customize sprinkles simply buy white sprinkles. Place sprinkles in a resealable plastic bag and toss with a bit of your favourite pastel food colouring.
- To take this recipe further top with cotton candy!
- If you do not have 11” (28 cm) tart pans divide dough in half and shape into 2 11” (28 cm) rounds on 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.