Pecans and shortbread with a chocolaty center. These snowballs taste as delicious as they sound.
|2 cups||500 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL granulated sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||800 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|½ cup||125mL cornstarch|
|1 cup||250 mL chopped pecans|
|60 ½”||1.3cm chunks semi-sweet chocolate|
|1 cup||250 mL icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter in a large bowl on medium-high until very light in texture, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a separate large bowl. Add to butter mixture on low speed until just combined. Mix in chopped pecans. Chill dough for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Flatten 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough, place chunk of chocolate in center and roll dough around chocolate. Shape into ball. Place on prepared baking sheets 2” (5cm) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- Place icing sugar in small bowl. Roll warm cookies in icing sugar. Continue to cool on wire cooling rack.
Let’s get rolling! The fun part about making these with your kids is letting them roll the dough into little snowballs.
Let your kids sweeten up their snowballs by rolling them in the icing sugar.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Cookie (25 g)|