Spiced Honey Cookies
Makes:about 50 cookies
Bring the flavour of the holidays home, any time of the year, with the wonderful combination of honey, ginger and cinnamon in these spiced cookies!
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in honey, egg and French Vanilla extract, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- Combine flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until dough is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll one piece of dough on a lightly floured surface about ¼” (5 mm) thick. Cut out shapes with desired cookie cutters. Place on prepared baking sheets about 1” (2.5 cm) apart. Continue with remaining dough. Gather scraps together and reroll.
- Bake in preheated oven, 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack. Decorate as desired.
- Replace Club House® Imitation French Vanilla extract with Maple or Caramel extract.
- For drop-style cookies, take chilled dough and drop 1 tbsp (15 mL) dough 2” (5 cm) apart on baking sheet and bake, 8-10 minutes.