Jam Swirl Muffins
Try making these tasty muffins filled with a yummy jam surprise. They’re sure to get your kids rising with a little extra shine.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºF). Grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine wet ingredients (excluding jam) in medium-sized bowl. Add flour blend, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Add strawberry jam, mixing lightly. Divide evenly among the 10 prepared muffin cups, pouring water into the 2 unused cups.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan.
Teach your kids which measuring cups to use for which ingredients by having one measure out the wet and the other the dry. Clear glass or plastic measuring cups are for liquids, while dry ingredients are measured in individual cups that are often made of metal.
Do your kids prefer a different flavour of jam? The more you involve them in picking the ingredients the more they’ll want to help with the preparation, so let them add their favourite kind.
Have your kids measure out the batter in an ice cream scoop. You’ll get the same amount of batter in each cup, so they all bake at the same time.
- Stirring a muffin batter too vigorously will create tough muffins with pointed, peaked tops. Only stir the batter until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pouring water into unused muffin cups will prevent the cups from burning and the pan from warping.