Magic Cookie Bars
The Magic Cookie Bar – the most famous and popular Eagle Brand recipe – was invented in the 1960’s as the “Hello Dolly”. A simple layered bar that takes 8 minutes to prepare, this moist and chewy favourite has been a tempting favourite for years. Check out all the variations we’ve created for this enduringly scrumptious classic.
|2 cups||500 mL graham wafer crumbs|
|3/4 cup||175 mL butter, melted|
|1 can||300 mL Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat sweetened condensed milk|
|1 1/3 cups||325 mL semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 1/3 cups||325 mL flaked coconut|
|1 1/3 cups||325 mL chopped pecans (optional)|
- Combine graham crumbs with butter; press evenly onto parchment-lined 13 x 9" (3.5 L) baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb crust.
- Sprinkle with pecans, chocolate chips and coconut; press down firmly.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven* 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool thoroughly and cut into bars. (Store loosely covered at room temperature.)
- To make the 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bar, add 1 cup of Butterscotch chips. *325ºF (160ºC) for glass dish.