Jammy Shortbread Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” x 13” (23 cm x 33 cm) baking dish and line with parchment paper, overlapping 2 sides for easy removal.
- SHORTBREAD: Beat butter in a large bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed until very light in texture about 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a separate medium bowl. Add to butter mixture on low speed until well combined. Set aside 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of mixture
.Press remaining dough on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread jam over base.
- TOPPING: Add almonds to remaining dough and crumble over jam.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 - 65 minutes until lightly golden and jam is bubbling. Cool in pan on wire cooling rack.
- Replace strawberry jam with your family’s favourite flavour or use any flavour jam you have on hand.