Raspberry Streusel Bars
Makes:36 1” (2.5 cm) bars
These chewy bars are a great summer snack that’s easy to make too. Put extras in the freezer and they’ll be ready when you are.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and line a 13” x 9” (3 L) baking dish overlapping two sides for easy removal.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar in large mixing bowl. Stir well to blend. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats.
- Press about 2/3 of crumb mixture into prepared baking dish. Spread with raspberry jam.
- Add almonds to remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle over jam. Pat down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 1” (2.5 cm) bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.