Whether it’s for French toast, grilled cheese sandwiches or simply toast and jam, this delicious bread is light textured and a breeze to make in your bread machine.
|3/4 cup||175 mL water|
|1 tbsp||15 mL butter, softened|
|3 cups||750 mL Robin Hood® Best For Bread Homestyle White Flour|
|3 tbsp||45 mL granulated sugar|
|1 tsp||5 mL salt|
|2 tsp||10 mL bread machine yeast|
- Select loaf size.
- Add ingredients to machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select Basic White Cycle, Light Crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare dough in machine. When dough cycle is complete, remove dough to floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 sections. Roll each section into 16" (40 cm) long rope. Braid the 3 ropes together. Place on baking sheet. Cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm place (75°-85°F/24°-29°C) until doubled, 30 to 40 minutes. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake on middle of preheated oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove from baking sheet immediately; cool on wire rack.
|Per 2 slices||83 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|