With sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and poppy seeds, this great tasting bread is filled with goodies. It bakes up golden brown and tastes best warm from the oven.
- Combine warm water and cracked wheat in large bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle yeast over this mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes or until foamy.
- Add honey, oil, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame and poppy seeds, salt, and 1½ cups (375 ml) of flour.
- Beat in the remaining flour low speed of electric mixer, ½ cup (125 ml) at a time, until the electric beaters/paddle attachment won’t beat anymore and a sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Sprinkling surface with extra flour as needed to prevent sticking, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm, draft-free area until doubles in size, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Divide in half, shape into rectangles and place in prepared pans. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise again until doubles in size, about 45 minutes. Brush tops with lightly beaten egg; sprinkle with seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (180ºC). Lightly grease two 8.5” x 4.5” (1.5 l) loaf pans.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until breads are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.