Chocolate Marshmallow Pull Aparts
Try these sweet ooey gooey goodies that are just the right size for kids both young and old. Start with our Soft & Simple White Bread Video Technique.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar in 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm water in a liquid measuring cup. Sprinkle in yeast. Let stand 10 minutes, then stir well. Add yeast to a large bowl.
- Heat milk to lukewarm. Stir in butter, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sugar, salt and 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm water. Add milk mixture, and 2 cups (500 mL) flour to dissolved yeast mixture. Beat with wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth and elastic.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) of remaining flour gradually. You may not use all of the flour so add a little at a time just until it is a soft dough which leaves sides of bowl. Turn out on floured board.
- Knead dough, adding more flour as necessary, until dough is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky (about 10 minutes).
- Place in lightly greased bowl. Turn dough to greased top. Cover with greased waxed paper and tea towel.
- Let rise in warm place (75°-85°F/24°-29°C) until doubled (45-60 minutes).
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board and divide into 2 equal portions. Cover with tea towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll each portion into a rectangle approximately 16” x 8” (41 cm x 20 cm).
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Cover with chocolate and marshmallows. Roll up tightly from the longer end. Pinch all the ends to seal.
- Slice each roll into 10 pieces. Arrange the slices in 4 or 5 rows, overlapping each slice by 1 “ (2.5 cm). Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) on lower oven rack for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Eat warm or room temperature. Let everyone just pull them apart.