Makes:about 18 slices
Serve up this great tasting focaccia with dinner or enjoy it as a snack. No matter when you serve it, there will be smiles all around the table.
- Dough: Combine warm water and sugar in a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over mixture. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients. Add 2 ½ cups (625 mL) flour, stirring to combine. Stir in additional flour a bit at a time to make a soft dough. Knead 10 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or 5 minutes in mixer on low speed.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead in cranberries. Shape into a flat round about 8” (22 cm) in diameter. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Gently brush with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- If you are not serving right away, wrap focaccia well in foil and freeze in a plastic freezer bag. When ready to serve, defrost on counter. Place in preheated 375ºF (190ºC) oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm.
|Portion Size (59 g)|
|Saturated Fat||2.9 g|