Easy S’Mores Pull Aparts
Your kitchen will feel like a campfire when you and your kids make these yummy chocolate and marshmallow treats together for Dad. Who’s ready for s’more?
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a 9” (2.5 L) spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Dough: Combine, in food processor, cottage cheese, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Process until very smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Pulse just until dough looks like a mass of small beads, starting to clump together.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Sprinkling with extra flour as needed, knead for 1 minute or until smooth. Roll out dough to 12” x 15” (30 cm x 38 cm) rectangle.
- Filling: Brush surface with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) melted butter, leaving a ½” (1 cm) border unbuttered. Combine graham crumbs with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of butter, stirring until moistened. Sprinkle over dough. Cover with chocolate chips; sprinkle with cinnamon. Starting at long edge, roll up dough jelly roll style. Pinch seam to seal. Brush remaining butter over top of roll.
- Cut dough, with serrated knife, into 12 equal-sized pieces. Place pieces in prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Topping: Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding. Serve warm.
- These rolls are great re-heated in the microwave.
- Variation - Toffee S'mores Pull Aparts: Add ½ cup (125 mL) toffee bits to filling.