Filled Baked Doughnuts
Your kids will love these delightful home-baked desserts. With a delicious berry filling, they’re sure to be a new family favourite.
- Doughnut: Combine evaporated milk and yeast in large bowl. Stir in butter and sugar. Add eggs, flour, salt and cinnamon. Stir just until flour is incorporated.
- Beat dough in a large bowl of an electric mixer until well combined, about 5 minutes. Dough will still be sticky.
- Transfer dough to a well floured surface and with floured hands, knead until it forms a loose ball.
- Place in a large greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Punch down dough and roll it out ½” (1.3 cm) thick on lightly floured surface. Cut out doughnuts using a 2 ½” (6 cm) round cookie cutter.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375°F (190°C).
- Bake doughnuts in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven and let cool, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Topping: Mix, in a medium bowl, sugar and cinnamon. Brush each doughnut with melted butter then toss into the sugar mixture to coat.
- Filling: Fill a piping bag fitted with a round tip with fruit spread. Insert into doughnut and squeeze.
- Pair these doughnuts with a cup of Folgers Gourmet Selections® Lively Colombian Coffee in K-Cup® packs.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Doughnut (45 g)|