Honey Sunflower Loaf
This flavourful bread is filled with the goodness of golden honey, nutty sunflower seeds, and rolled oats. Start your day with thick slices, toasted and spread with fresh berry preserves.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine 2 cups (500 mL) white flour, yeast and sugar in large bowl.
- Add water. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until smooth, 3 minutes.
- Stir in whole wheat flour, oats, salt, butter, honey and seeds. Mix well. Stir in enough remaining white flour to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto floured board.
- Knead dough, adding more flour as necessary to make a soft, smooth dough that’s elastic and no longer sticky, about 8 minutes.
- Place in lightly greased bowl. Turn dough to grease top. Cover with parchment paper and tea towel.
- Rise in warm place (75°-85° F/24°-29° C) until doubled (50 to 60 minutes).
- Punch down. Turn out onto floured board. Divide dough in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape each portion into a loaf. Place seam side down in two greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" (1.5 L) loaf pans. Cover with tea towel.
- Rise in warm place until doubled (50 to 60 minutes).
- Bake on lower rack of preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Cool on wire racks.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 2 slices (118 g)|
|Saturated Fat||3.4 g|