This traditional Middle Eastern flat bread is fast and easy to make, and it tastes great with everything from fresh vegetables to cheeses and meats.
It makes for a great appetizer too!
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Combine 1 cup Robin Hood Best For Bread Homestyle White Flour and Robin Hood Best For Bread Whole Wheat Flour, yeast, salt and water in large bowl. Beat to mix well, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining white flour, using enough to make a soft, non-sticky dough. Turn out on floured board. Round up into a ball.
- Knead dough, adding more flour as necessary, until dough is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky (about 5 minutes). Divide and shape dough into 10 balls.
- Roll out each ball on lightly floured surface to a circle 1/4" (6 mm) thick and 6" (15 cm) in diameter. Place on ungreased baking sheet dusted with cornmeal, if desired. Cover with tea towel.
- Rise in warm place (75°- 85°F/24°- 29°C) for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Bake one tray at a time on bottom oven rack of preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Immediately wrap pitas in tea towel for 3 minutes. Cool.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 pita (65 g)|
|Saturated Fat||0.1 g|