Honey Granola Trail Mix
Makes:About 6 cups (1.5 L)
This delicious recipe is actually two in one! Start with a crunchy breakfast granola, then add chunks of your favourite dried fruits for a trail mix treat.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Combine oats, nuts, bran, seeds and coconut in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, honey and cinnamon together in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour over cereal mixture. Mix well. Spread out on large baking sheet with sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until crisp and golden. Cool. Stir in cranberries.
- Trail Mix: Add chunks of dried fruits, such as mango, banana, papaya, pineapple and pitted dates.
- For maple granola, replace honey with the same amount of maple syrup.
- Storage: Pack in airtight containers and store in cool, dry place for up to one month.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1/2 cup (69 g)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|