Chocolate Applesauce Cake
Adding applesauce makes this cake extremely moist, and you won’t believe how delicious it tastes with chocolate too. Serve sprinkled with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” x 13” (3.5L) baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium mixing bowl. Stir well to blend.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients. Add applesauce and then remaining dry mixture. Beat after each addition.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- dry measuring cup
- liquid measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- 9” x 13” (3.5L) baking pan
- medium mixing bowl
- wooden spoon or spatula
- large mixing bowl
- hand held or electric stand mixer
- wire cooling rack
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 slice (90 g)|
|Saturated Fat||6.1 g|