These moist chocolate cupcakes are a crowd-pleasing classic, perfect for a social occasion or an everyday treat.
|3 cups||750 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|2 cups||500 mL sugar|
|1/2 cup||125 mL cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||10 mL baking soda|
|1 tsp||5 mL salt|
|2 cups||500 mL milk|
|1 cup||250 mL Crisco® Canola Oil|
|2 tsp||10 mL vanilla extract|
|2 tsp||10 mL vinegar|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paperliners.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 1/2 minute or just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
- Frost and decorate as desired. See Basic Vanilla Butter Icing recipe for a complementary frosting.