Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
Makes:about 15 servings
This recipe is sure to impress at your next dinner party. It’s made with creamy layers of chocolate and orange cheesecake, hidden beneath a yummy chocolate glaze.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Crust: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Press into bottom and sides of 10" (25 cm) springform pan. Chill.
- Filling: Melt chocolate chips and butter in a medium saucepan, stirring until smoth. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth in a separate medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time until smooth. Stir in orange rind. Divide batter evenly into 2 bowls, about 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) each. Add melted chocolate to one of the bowls of cheese mixture. Mix well. Spread half of chocolate batter on crust. Cover with white batter, then remaining chocolate batter. Place pan on a piece of foil to prevent butter leaking out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes, or just until set. Run knife around edge of hot cake, then cool on wire rack. Chill overnight.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring until smooth. Spread over cooled cheesecake. Chill to set glaze.
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|