Let your kids earn their stripes in the kitchen. They’ll have lots of fun making this delicious and creative cake together.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9” (23 cm) round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate large bowl. Beat in half of dry ingredients to butter mixture. Add evaporated milk and remaining dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Stir cocoa into half of batter until well combined.
- Drop approximately 3 tbsp (45 mL) of vanilla batter into the centre of prepared pan, allowing it to spread. Drop 3 tbsp (45 mL) of chocolate batter into the centre of vanilla batter and allow it to spread. Continue alternating using 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter at a time, until batter is done.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 or until a toothpick inserted in centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 serving (95 g)|