Gluten Free* Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
Chocolate, fudge and gluten-free? These deliciously chocolaty cupcakes are a treat that everyone can enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cupcake pans with 24 baking cups.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla and cooled chocolate. Add reserved flour mixture to chocolate mixture alternately with yogurt, beating on low speed just until batter is smooth.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cupcake comes out clean. Cool on wire racks in pans, 20 minutes.
- Icing: Cream butter and cooled melted chocolate. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add milk and vanilla. Beat in remaining icing sugar gradually. Blend well. Ice cupcakes as desired.
- To melt chocolate, bring 1-2” (2.5 cm-5 cm) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place chocolate in heat proof bowl and place bowl over boiling water. Ensure bottom of bowl does not touch the water. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 3-5 minutes and stir.