Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes
With the perfect balance of sweet vanilla and fresh lemon, these gluten free cupcakes will brighten up any day!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour blend, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat well. Add milk and beat on low speed. Add remaining flour mixture. Add poppy seeds and beat until they are mixed through the batter. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Place on cooling rack. Using a skewer, toothpick or fork, poke holes over the tops of the cupcakes.
- While cupcakes are baking, place sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium high heat, stirring frequently. Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Reserve.
- Pour hot syrup over cupcakes. It will be absorbed through the holes into the cupcakes. Continue cooling in pan.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Once cupcakes are cool and removed from pan drizzle glaze over cupcakes.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Cupcake (85 g)|