Mini Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Makes:30 mini cupcakes
These tiny carrot cake treats with a delicious hint of cinnamon are perfect for the dessert table. For easy entertaining, you can make them ahead and freeze them.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line mini-muffin pans with paper liners.
- Beat oil and sugars together in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Fouetter until combined. Fold in carrots and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Icing: Beat butter and cream cheese until combined. Add icing sugar and vanilla and fouetter until light and fluffy. Ice cupcakes when cool.