Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes
Your guests will do a double take when they first lay eyes on these fun and tasty treats! They’ve got vanilla icing noodles, strawberry jam sauce, chocolate meatballs and white chocolate shavings.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line cupcake pan with paper liners for 6 large cupcakes
- Cupcakes: Beat butter and sugar until light textured in large mixing bowl. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate medium bowl. Stir with a fork. Add half the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Add milk, mix well, add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake papers.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 20 to 25 minutes, for large and or until a toothpick inserted into centre of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Cool cupcakes on wire rack before decorating.
- Icing: Place butter, 1 ½ cups (375mL) icing sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix with hand held mixer.
- Beat for 5 minutes. Add remaining icing sugar ½ cup (125mL) at a time, beating for ½ minute each addition.
- Decorating Ideas: Spread 1 heaping Tbsp (15mL) of icing on top of cupcake. Fill a disposable piping bag fitted with a small round hole with about a cup of icing. Refill as needed. Hold piping bag about 3 inches (7.6cm) above cupcake. Gently squeeze to form squiggly “spaghetti” on top. Move bag back and forth to cover cupcake. Place two or three chocolate bites on top to look like meatballs. With a small spoon, smear ½ tsp (2mL) Smucker’s Strawberry Jam for sauce. Sprinkle grated white chocolate for grated cheese.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 Serving (140 g)|
|Saturated Fat||10.3 g|