Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
Freezing:excellent (without the banana filling)
With the great tasting combination of chocolate and banana, everyone will be asking to try a slice of this cake. After one bite, they’ll be asking for the recipe too.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease two 8” or 9” (22 cm or 23 cm) cake pans.
- Cake: Beat brown sugar and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add next 6 ingredients. Beat to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- Place 1 layer of cake on serving platter. Place sliced bananas on top. Place remaining cake on top. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- For a more decadent version, place ¾ cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Heat ¼ cup (50 mL) Carnation® Fat Free Evaporated Milk in the microwave for 1 minute and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, stir until mixture is combined. Drizzle half the mixture over the sliced bananas and bottom half of cake. Place remaining layer on top. Drizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Try pairing with Folgers® Classic Roast® coffee for the perfect finishing touch!