Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- TOPPING: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” (23 cm x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping 2 sides for easy removal. Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Pour in prepared baking dish. Place pineapple and pecans as desired.
- CAKE: Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add one third of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat until combined. Add half the milk and another third of the flour mixture, beating after each addition. Add remaining milk and end with the flour mixture. Stir in chopped pineapple. Spread batter over pineapple.
- STREUSEL: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 65 - 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake and immediately invert pan onto wire cooling rack. Your fruit will be on the top and the crunchy streusel will be on the bottom.
- If using a fresh pineapple, buy one that is peeled and cored. Cut into ½” (1.3 cm) slices.