Summertime Upside Down Cake
Upside down cake isn’t just for pineapple! Try making this delicious cake with any combination of summer fruit or berries. You can’t go wrong!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Place melted butter in an 8” (1.5L) baking dish. Swirl it around to cover bottom of dish. Sprinkle butter with brown sugar and pat down. Sprinkle berries over sugar. Reserve.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate large bowl. Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients. Add evaporated milk and then remaining dry mixture. Make sure to scrape bottom of bowl once or twice.
- Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 slice (98 g)|
|Saturated Fat||8.6 g|