Toffee Crunch Crêpe Cake
Freezing:excellent (crêpes only)
How do you make crêpes even more fun and delicious? Layer them into a mouth-watering cake that packs a sweet toffee crunch.
- Crêpes: Combine all ingredients for crêpes in a food processor, blender or bowl. Mix until a thin batter forms. Cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- Heat a 10” (25 cm) non-stick skillet or crêpe pan over medium heat. Brush pan lightly with oil. Add about ½ cup (125 mL) batter to pan. Swirl batter around pan and pour excess back into bowl so crêpe will be very thin. Cook until bottom browns, 2 to 3 minutes, and turn crêpe over to cook other side. Flip out onto clean tea towel. Repeat until all batter is used. You should have 10 to 14 crêpes.
- Filling: Whip cream in a large bowl until thick and cream holds its shape. Beat in vanilla extract and zest.
- Assembly: Place 1 crêpe on cake plate. Spread with thin layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) Toffee Bits. Repeat until crêpes and filling are used up. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours to overnight. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- Crêpes can be filled with ice cream or fruit.