Salted Toffee Popcorn Cookies
Makes:about 50 cookies
Sweet, salty, or both? You will be eager to discover what flavour is in your next bite of these soft cookies with a crunch!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookie Batter: Place oil and popcorn kernels on the bottom of a medium saucepan. Cover pan leaving lid slightly ajar and place over medium heat. When popping slows, remove pan from heat. Remove any unpopped kernels. Cool.
- Cream butter and sugars together until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture. Mix until flour mixture is incorporated into butter mixture. Fold in toffee bits and popcorn just until combined.
- Topping: Combine sugar and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Roll 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) of dough into a ball and coat in reserved sugar mixture. Place 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Press dough down slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven, 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer cookies to wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- If you do not like sweet and salty, simply roll the cookies in SUGAR IN THE RAW Natural Turbinado Sugar without the salt.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Cookie (25 g)|