Choco-Banana Bread Bites
Makes:about 36 cookies
Your kids will go bananas over these moist and delicious cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine evaporated milk and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir well. Mixture will thicken.
- Add mashed bananas, sliced bananas and baking soda to the evaporated milk mixture.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add banana mixture and stir until mixture is well combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 tbsp (30 mL) dough on prepared baking sheets, about 2” (5 cm) apart. Place a banana chip on top of each cookie (if using).
- Bake in preheated oven, 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Store cookies loosely covered or in the freezer.
- If cookies become too soft, place them in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add some crunch to your cookies with the addition of ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped pecans or walnuts.