Chocolate Mint Sparklers
Makes:about 55 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and mint extract. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing until incorporated. Add in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough in 1” (2.5 cm) balls. Roll balls into natural turbinado sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets, 2” (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Cookies should still be soft in the center. Let cool on baking sheet 1 - 2 minutes. Remove, cool on wire rack.
- You can freeze the raw dough already shaped and rolled into natural turbinado sugar. Bake from frozen for 14 - 16 minutes.