Glazed Chocolate Hearts
Makes:approximately 50 cookies
Here’s a heartfelt way to say I love you: wrap up a few of these cookies for each person in your family and give them a sweet and chocolatey surprise.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar, shortening and butter in large mixing bowl until light. Beat in egg, vanilla and melted chocolate. Add remaining dry ingredients until blended. Refrigerate dough, covered, for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a well floured surface roll each piece to ¼ inch (5mm) thickness. Using a 2” (5cm) heart cookie cutter, cut into shapes and place on prepared baking sheets. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Combine icing sugar, cocoa and water in a bowl. Brush a thin coating of icing over cookies. Allow to dry. If you want, drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies. Allow chocolate to harden before storing.
- You can use different size cookie cutters; just remember your yield will vary.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 2 cookies (46 g)|
|Saturated Fat||4.4 g|