Hopping Chocolate Bunnies
Makes:about 50 cookies
Your kids will be hopping with joy when they try these tasty and adorable springtime treats. They’ll especially love helping to make the dazzlingly delicious candy window.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter with electric mixer in medium mixing bowl until combined. Beat in egg, vanilla and melted chocolate. Blend in remaining dry ingredients. Cover dough and refrigerate, 60 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and divide into 4 pieces. Have fun sprinkling flour onto your work surface and roll each piece to a ¼ ” (5 mm) thickness. After choosing your cookie theme, cut out shapes using 2”- 3” (5 cm- 7.6 cm) cookie cutters.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheets. To make stained glass, unwrap candies and crush into coarse pieces. Cut out windows in your cookies using smaller cookie cutters and fill in the cut-out areas with your crushed candy. Make sure to gather up scraps and continue until all dough is used up.
- Bake in preheated oven, 8 to 10 minutes and watch the candies melt into stained glass - it’s magic! Let sit on baking sheet, 1 to 2 minutes and finish by cooling on wire racks.
- It’s decorating time! Dress your cookies as desired with white chocolate (or icing) using a piping bag or a heavy plastic sealable bag, coloured sugar or sprinkles to create your very own scrumptious masterpiece.
- An easy way to make your own icing bag is with a small plastic sandwich bag. Fill with icing and cut the tip off of one edge. Make as big or as small as like, the icing will come out thicker the bigger the cut.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 cookie (23 g)|