Ginger Sugar Snap Cookies
Sugar and spice…everything’s nice with these cookies.
|2 cups||500 mL Robin Hood® all-purpose flour|
|1 ¾ tbs||ground ginger|
|2 tsp||10 mL baking soda|
|1 tsp||5 mL ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||2.5 mL salt|
|¾ cup||175 mL shortening|
|1 cup||250 mL white sugar|
|1/3 cup||75 mL Sugar in the Raw|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the mixture to evenly blend and sift for a second time into another bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the shortening until creamy, gradually beating in the white sugar.
- Beat in the egg and dark molasses. Sift 1/3 of the flour mix into the shortening mix and stir thoroughly to blend.
- Roll each ball in Sugar in the Raw and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until the tops are slightly cracked and rounded, which should take about 10 minutes. Cool before enjoying!