These chocolatey treats are great for serving guests or enjoying on your own with cup of coffee.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Biscotti: Beat, in a large bowl, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine next 3 ingredients and gradually add to egg mixture. Beat until smooth. Add chocolate chips and almonds. Mix until combined.
- Halve dough on a lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a log, approximately 14” x 2” (36 cm x 5 cm). Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving a 3” (7.6 cm) space between the 2 logs as the dough will spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300ºF (149ºC).
- Slice each log on the diagonal, into ¾” (2 cm) slices. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets cut side up. Bake for 30 minutes, turning biscotti over after 15 minutes. Cool.
- Drizzle: Using both chocolates together or separately, drizzle or dip biscotti with melted chocolates.
- To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes until lightly golden. These can be baked in advance and stored in a freezer-proof container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Dunk these into a cup of Folgers® Black Silk® Coffee for a bold, yet smooth finish to your afternoon break....Bellissimo!
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Biscotti (1.7 oz)|