Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bark
Makes:90 2” x 2” (5 cm) pieces
This great tasting recipe is packed with brown sugar, chocolate chips and toasted almonds. With a satisfying caramel crunch, everyone will want a bite of this bark.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 17” x 11” (45 cm x 29 cm) baking sheet and line with parchment paper, overlapping the two ends for easy removal.
- Cookie: Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and water until smooth. Add remaining 3 ingredients and beat until mixture is combined.
- Spread dough to cover prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes.
- Topping: Meanwhile, over medium heat bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Stir to combine. Spread mixture over partially baked cookie dough. Return to oven and bake an additional 8 minutes until caramel is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot caramel. Wait 5 minutes and spread melted chocolate over cookie. If using nuts, sprinkle over chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is set. Once at room temperature, break or cut cookie slab into irregular pieces or into your favourite cookie cutter shapes.
- Also tastes great cold. Try freezing for unexpected guests over the holidays!