Cinnamon Raisin Toasts
Your family will love this sweet recipe made with the delicious combination of cinnamon, sugar and plump raisins. Mix things up and try it with dried cranberries or chopped toasted almonds.
|¾ cup||175 mL granulated sugar|
|1 tsp||5 mL vanilla extract|
|¼ tsp||1 mL salt|
|1 ½ cups||375 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|1 cup||250 mL raisins|
|¼ cup||50 mL granulated sugar|
|¾ tsp||3 mL cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease an 81/2”x41/2” (1.5L) pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well mixed. Add vanilla. Add flour and salt. Beat until well combined. Stir in raisins. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan. Wrap loaf in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Topping: Combine, in a small bowl, cinnamon and sugar. Reserve.
- Slice loaf into ¼” (5mm) slices. Place cookies, flat side down on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Toast for 15 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool.