Looking for a new party favourite? This yummy recipe is cookie and pizza in one! Add some colourful toppings and serve it by the sweet tasting slice.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until well combined and pale in colour. Add egg, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until smooth and without streaks. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Shape into flattened discs. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece to a ¼” (5mm) thickness and about 6 1/2” (16.5cm) in diameter. Turn back rim ½ “(1.3cm) to form raised edge or crust. Transfer to a cookie sheet. Two will fit on each sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Poke holes in dough with skewer or fork to keep flat while baking. Cut with a pizza cutter into sixths.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 12 minutes, or until beginning to colour. Cut again with pizza cutter while warm. Cool on wire racks.
- Icing: Place butter, 1 ½ (375mL) cups icing sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Mix with hand held mixer.
- Beat for 5 minutes. Add remaining icing sugar ½ cup at a time, beating for ½ minute after each addition.
- Remove about 1 cup of icing to a smaller bowl and tint red with food colouring.
- Spread 4 tbsp (60mL) of red icing thinly over each cookie for tomato sauce. Fill a disposable piping bag fitted with a small round hole with white icing. Gently squeeze to form grated mozzarella cheese.
- Use black licorice for olives, yellow and green licorice for peppers. Pepperoni can be made from marshmallows cut horizontally with scissors into thirds and pressed into red, orange & black coarse sugar.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 Serving (135 g)|
|Saturated Fat||12.4 g|